douglas tanita, md
Dr. Tanita is a Board Certified Obstetrician Gynecologist and member of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists with over 13 years of experience.
Dr. Tanita has lived with his family in the Henderson area since 2011.
In deciding to open our practice, we had one primary goal: To provide excellent healthcare to women. Everything else in our practice revolves around that primary goal.
That goal was influential in hiring caring, compassionate and competent staff, designing the interior of our building/exam rooms, and opening up our schedule to see patients in a timely manner for both initial and all follow-up visits. It helps us make decisions about implementing the latest advanced technology and systems, as well as utilizing minimally invasive procedures when needed for better results and minimizing side effects and blood loss.
In short, we advise, consult, make recommendations and treat our patients with the same care and concern as if they were members of our own family.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate: University of California, Santa Barbara
- Medical School: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
- Residency: Bayfront Medical Center
Honors & Achievements:
- Vice-chairman OBGYN Dept St. Rose Siena/DeLima Hospital – 2016-2018
- Best CREOG score 2011
- Best laparoscopic/colposcopy OBGYN resident of the Year – 2011
- Languages: English, Spanish and American Sign Language
Janelle Wanzek, PA-C
Janelle is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant who has as always been passionate about providing mindful and all-encompassing Women’s Healthcare. Her main goals are to help patients live in harmony with their cycles, achieve healthy pregnancies, and to be a guide through all of life’s transitions. Her specific interests of practice include Sexual Health Education, Gender-Affirming Care, Fertility Awareness, and Restorative Reproductive Fertility Care.
Janelle enjoys being outdoors and connecting with nature, playing with her dog (Finn), and taking time to meditate and practice mindfulness. Fun facts, she also has over 40 house plants and plays the harp.
Education and Training
- University of Notre Dame – Bachelor of Science – Biological Sciences and Anthropology
- Touro University Nevada – Master of Physician Assistant Studies – Pi Alpha Honor Society
- LGBTQ+ Health Education Certified
- FEMM Fertility Awareness Medical Management Certified
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified
- Doula training in progres